Chef Allison Schaaf shares her dream kitchen ideas in this episode. Whether you're remodeling or just daydreaming, this is a fun one!
In today’s episode, chef and Prep Dish founder Allison Schaaf shares items she’d love in her dream kitchen. She got her start as a personal chef and got the chance to see kitchens all over Austin, which inspired this wishlist!
Dream Kitchen Ideas:
1. View – If you’re going to spend a lot of time in there, it’s nice to have a great view! Lots of windows and natural light make the cooking experience more pleasant.
2. Efficient Use of Space – If you’re constantly having to walk across the room to get from the oven to the sink, there’s a lot of wasted time. You don’t want the kitchen to be too small either though or you won’t have space for efficient meal prep.
3. Second Dishwasher – Especially if you do a lot of entertaining or have a large family, having extra dishwasher space is huge!
4. Kitchen Island Without High Bar Stools – At least in our kitchen, having a two-level island with high barstools makes it difficult for anyone to sit and comfortably hang out in the kitchen. I want our kitchen to be a place where people love to hang out while we cook! Small changes to the flow of your house can make a big difference!
5. Large Sink – I would love a sink where the cutting board fits on top, or even just one that’s a little larger to make doing dishes easier.
6. Trash & Recycling Included in Island – Having these within the island makes for a more streamlined look.
7. Hot Water – I would love to have instant hot water but want to make sure the safety features are adequate to prevent burns.
8. Chilled Water – Our fridge doesn’t have this so it would be a nice feature to add.
9. Water Filtration – We use rain water but we do run out sometimes so are looking into a water filtration system.
Bonus! Waterfall Edges on the Island
Resources mentioned in this podcast:
Get your free trial here for two weeks of free meal plans!