These little almond flour cakes make such a healthy and flavorful treat! With only 6 real-food ingredients, they're simple and delicious.
It’s no secret that I love almonds!
This love affair probably started when I was working for the Almond Board of California right after grad school. Or maybe it’s because these tiny nuts pack a wallop when it comes to their nutrition value.
Almonds have been shown to reduce cholesterol levels (high in monounsaturated fats that lower your LDL), boost antioxidant levels with their high concentration of Vitamin E, and help with weight loss because their high fiber content helps keep you feeling fuller longer.
And because they can be used in both sweet and savory dishes, almonds are often used in my Prep Dish meal plans. Sometimes that’s simply as a snack paired with a seasonal fruit, like grapes, or tossed into a homemade trail mix.
So you can imagine how excited I was when I found out about nuts.com's almond blog project. What was I going to write about?
Inspiration struck while shopping at my local grocery store to meal prep for the week. I couldn’t help but stop at the sweet-smelling local Fredericksburg peaches. Nothing – other than watermelon– screams summer to me like peaches do.
Instantly, I knew Almond Cakes with Peaches would be added to my summer meal plans and be the focus of my blog post for nuts.com!
This delicious cake comes together quickly and is easily made ahead of time with a few simple tips:
- Make the cakes a day or two ahead of time, and warm them in an oven or toaster oven prior to serving.
- I also like to add diced or sliced peaches on top of each cake. Dice your peaches ahead of time and store in the refrigerator until ready to be served. Note: the peaches can be served cold or warm; both are delicious!
Try serving my Almond Cakes with Peaches at your next dinner party or pack in a picnic. I’d love to know your favorite ways to include almonds into your meals. Leave me a comment below!
Almond Cakes with Peaches
- 4 eggs (omega 3 preferred)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups almond flour*
- 3-4 ripe peaches
- Set 4 eggs out to bring to room temperature.
- Dice peaches and set aside or grill them and slice when cool to touch.
- Pre-heat oven 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with 9 muffin papers.
- Using room temperature eggs, separate the whites from yolks into two bowls.
- In the bowl with the egg yolks, whisk in maple syrup, vanilla, baking soda, and salt.
- When wet ingredients are combined, whisk in almond flour and set aside.
- Beat the egg whites until soft peaks form and gently fold into cake mixture.
- Scoop batter into muffin tin using a ¼ c measuring cup. Bake at 350 for ~26-28 minutes or until tops spring back when gently pushed. Cool.
- Top each almond cake with diced or grilled peaches.
More Recipes with Almonds
What is your favorite way to eat almonds? Share your ideas and pictures on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram as @prepdish in all 3 places, or leave a comment below.