Bacon + Lettuce + Tomato + Avocado (BLTA) on a Burger?! You bet! This crowd pleaser is perfect to throw on the grill at your Fourth of July celebration this year because according to Statistic Brain, 80% of the people they surveyed attended a backyard BBQ to celebrate the 4th. And, leading up to the holiday, over 190 million pounds of red meat and pork were purchased. It just goes to show you that on the Fourth of July, people love really good hamburger recipe!
What do you pair with your BLTA Burger? While your grill is still hot, throw on some of your favorite summer fruits, like watermelon, cantaloupe and peaches! Or make my Grilled Eggplant, Tomato and Mozzerella Stackers or Smoky Paprika Cauliflower. And don't forget everybody's favorite condiment – ketchup! My homemade ketchup is super simple to make, is Paleo and Gluten free, and contains only real-food ingredients.
Now on to the BLTA recipe!
- 1/2 pkg bacon*
- 2 beefsteak tomatoes
- 1.25 pound grass-fed ground beef (OR sub ground bison)
- S&P, to taste
- 1 avocado
- 1 head romaine lettuce (for wraps) (OR sub GF hamburger buns)
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Place ½ package bacon in single layer on baking sheet and cook in oven for 20-25 min or until crispy.
- Season 1-1.5# ground beef (or bison) with S&P. Form into 4 patties.
- Grill burgers over medium-high heat for 4-6 min/ side or desired doneness.
- Thinly slice 1 beefsteak tomato and 1 avocado for topping burgers.
- Serve burgers in lettuce wraps with bacon, sliced avocado & tomato.