This Blackberry Mango smoothie is one of my favorite combinations. I add a little nut butter too, making this a super satisfying smoothie!
Smoothies are one of my go-to quick & easy gluten-free and paleo breakfast options.
This month I took my first ever trip to Costco! My mom was visiting from Kansas and my sister wanted to show off her favorite place to shop (she has a very hungry husband to feed!). I followed my sister's lead and stocked up on organic frozen fruit.
During the warm summer months, I love throwing together a smoothie for breakfast. And what a great way to use all that frozen fruit. Here's what I've been sipping on this past week:
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 1/2 cup frozen blackberries
- 1-2 Tbsp peanut butter (or almond butter)
- 1/2 cup water (or as needed for consistency)
- 1/4 chopped fresh zucchini*
- Blend all ingredients until smooth.
Other yummy combos:
– 1c frozen strawberries + 1 banana + 1T PB
– 1c frozen peaches + 1c frozen blueberries + 1/2c coconut milk
– 1c frozen blueberries + 1 banana + 1T flax seeds
– 1 pear + 1 banana + 1tsp ginger + 1T almond butter
All of these can easily be increased in size. Add ~1/2c water and a large handful of any leafy greens you have on hand (kale, swiss chard, spinach).