This Blackberry Mango smoothie is one of my favorite combinations. I add a little nut butter too, making this a super satisfying smoothie!
Smoothies are one of my go-to quick & easy gluten-free and paleo breakfast options.
This month I took my first ever trip to Costco! My mom was visiting from Kansas and my sister wanted to show off her favorite place to shop (she has a very hungry husband to feed!). I followed my sister's lead and stocked up on organic frozen fruit.
During the warm summer months, I love throwing together a smoothie for breakfast. And what a great way to use all that frozen fruit. Here's what I've been sipping on this past week:
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 1/2 cup frozen blackberries
- 1-2 Tbsp peanut butter (or almond butter)
- 1/2 cup water (or as needed for consistency)
- 1/4 chopped fresh zucchini*
- Blend all ingredients until smooth.
Other yummy combos:
– 1c frozen strawberries + 1 banana + 1T PB
– 1c frozen peaches + 1c frozen blueberries + 1/2c coconut milk
– 1c frozen blueberries + 1 banana + 1T flax seeds
– 1 pear + 1 banana + 1tsp ginger + 1T almond butter
All of these can easily be increased in size. Add ~1/2c water and a large handful of any leafy greens you have on hand (kale, swiss chard, spinach).
What is your favorite summer smoothie? Share your ideas and pictures on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram as @prepdish in all 3 places, or leave a comment below.