I love a great paleo brownie, but what I love even more? Topping that great brownie with fresh raspberry sauce. Wow! This recipe was from our February menu and these brownies were a hit!
If raspberries are hard for you to find this time of year strawberries would work equally as well in this recipe. You can also use frozen berries but keep in mind more water will be added to your jam so you may need to increase the chia seeds to get the right consistency. Chia seeds absorb the liquid creating a gelatin affect, which is why it's a perfect way to make a quick jam or sauce!
I recommend making the sauce ahead of time and storing in the refrigerator so it's perfectly set when it's time to serve. Plus you want to give it time to completely cool.
These brownies are also very pretty so you can easily serve them at your next dinner party. You don't have to be paleo or gluten free to enjoy…these are amazing and everyone will love them!
Paleo Brownies w/ Raspberry Sauce
- 2/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder unsweetened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 6 ounce raspberries
- 1 T honey
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 T chia seeds
- Place 6oz raspberries + 1T honey + 1⁄2T lemon juice (~1 lemon) in a small pot over medium heat. Stir mixture. Use the back of a wooden spoon to smash the berries. Let simmer on low for 10 minutes while stirring periodically.
- Move the heat back up to medium and let mixture bubble for 5 more minutes.
- Take off of heat, stir in chia seeds. Let cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 350 F .
- Line a 7x7 square brownie pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine: 2/3c coconut oil + 1c coconut sugar + 4 eggs + 2/3c coconut flour + 1⁄2c cocoa powder + 1⁄2c water + 1tsp vanilla + 2/3tsp sea salt.
- Blend the batter until completely smooth. Fold in 1⁄2c chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread in an even layer. Bake for 30-35 minutes until a knife when inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool completely.
- Serve brownies with raspberry sauce.