My paleo stuffed bell peppers made their Prep Dish debut on the July 2017 menus. They were a little out of the “norm” for Prep Dish menus, so I was super excited to get such great feedback. On our monthly surveys, our subscribers gave them a 100% rating from both Paleo and Gluten free meal plans! When this happens, I know that I have to share with you. 🙂
Families will love my paleo stuffed bell peppers because they are quick to come together and easily prepped ahead. Plus they provide your family with an “all-in-one” nutritionally balanced, healthy meal! And because you can easily prepare these in advance, my stuffed peppers are perfect for serving to dinner guests as well. Pair them with the dolmas from my trip to Galilee or tomato and cucumber salad. You can also make these “interactive” by having the filling ready to go and letting your guests stuff their own pepper. While the peppers cook (only 15 minutes!), enjoy a cheese board and glass of wine!
Feel free to play with the ingredients too! Keeping to the Mediterranean theme, you could replace the sun-dried tomatoes with raisins and pine nuts or the artichokes with kalamata or green olives. Either way these paleo stuffed bell peppers are delish!
Mediterranean Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 shallot (or sub with 1/2 small onion)
- 1 can artichokes in water
- 1 jar sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 bunch fresh parsley
- 8 bell peppers (mixed colors)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 # ground turkey
- 8 oz crumbled feta (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Finely chop 2 garlic cloves & 1 shallot.
- Chop 1 can artichokes in water to equal ~1c, reserving 2T liquid from can.
- Chop sun-dried tomatoes and fresh parsley to equal ~1c each.
- Cut tops off 8 bell peppers and carefully scoop seeds out. You many need to trim the bottoms slightly so they "stand" flat in baking pan.
- Heat skillet with 1tsp olive oil over medium heat. Add 1# ground turkey + chopped shallot + chopped garlic.
- Cook 10-12 minutes, breaking meat apart, until turkey browns and is cooked through. Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, toss cooked/ cooled turkey with artichokes + sun-dried tomatoes +parsley + 2T juice from artichokes. Option to mix in 8oz feta crumbles.
- Lightly oil a baking dish and stand peppers upright. Fill each pepper with turkey mixture, pressing down to stuff peppers.
- Bake stuffed peppers covered with foil for 15 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake another 10-15 minutes or until peppers are tender and meat is reheated.
We can't wait to see your Paleo Stuffed Bell Peppers! What creative combos can you come up with? Share your pictures on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram as @prepdish in all 3 places.