Pancakes are big in my house and these banana blueberry pancakes are one of my favorite recipes! Also, get tips for perfect pancakes!
Pancakes are my favorite weekend breakfast. But even I will admit that they can be a little tricky to get perfect! Through lots of trial and error, I have come up with some tips that will help you get golden brown results every time! I have also included a recipe for delicious Banana-Blueberry Pancakes – perfect for serving Christmas morning!
Tips for Perfect Pancakes:
1) Use a pancake griddle (here's a pancake griddle that I love in case you are in the market).
2) Don't mix in add-ons, instead add them before you flip the pancake to avoid burning
3) I love adding bananas to my batter. It's a great way to add sweetness without adding refined sugar
4) Bona Dea gluten-free pancake mix has vanilla already added – one less step for me! I also love that Bona Dea is based in Austin too 🙂
I served mine drizzled with melted almond butter and Maguey syrup.
Double-Up Banana Blueberry Pancakes
- 2 eggs
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 3 cups Bona Dea Pancake Mix
- 2 pints blueberries
- Pre-heat pancake griddle to 350 F.
- Whisk together 2 eggs, 2 bananas, 2c water & 2T coconut oil until combined. Stir in 3c Bona Dea pancake mix.
- Drop ~¼c pancake batter onto your pancake griddle. Add 1-2T blueberries to each pancake. When batter begins to bubble, flip to other side for 2-3 minutes.
- Refrigerate leftovers for breakfast later in the week or freeze for grab-and-go breakfasts throughout the month
**Note: Bona Dea provided me with a free pancake mix to try in this recipe.