Looking for the easiest way to cut pineapple? We've got you covered with easy to follow step by step photo instructions.
This page contains affiliate links. Thank you for your support of Prep Dish!
Summertime brings weekends by the pool and trips to beach. The sweltering heat makes it tempting to load up the cooler with sugar-sweetened drinks and chase after the ice cream truck at the sound of the classic jingle. However, with an abundance of fresh fruits and vegetables in season, (June is National Fresh Fruit and Vegetable month after all), summertime is the perfect opportunity to skip the junk and reach for a bowl of fruit instead.
A popular poolside fruit is the sweet and refreshing pineapple. However, its intimidating exterior makes many avoid the delicious treat or turn the precut packages instead. While certainly convenient, these prepackaged fruits come with quite the price tag. Yikes!
At Prep Dish, we know that taking time to prep food at the beginning of the week can help you eat well all week long. That’s why we’re arming you with this easy to follow method of cutting up a whole pineapple. That way you can save money and have delicious pineapple ready for that spur of the moment pool run!
1. Begin with a whole pineapple.
2. Slice off the top. We recommend using this Wusthof knife.
3. Slice of the bottom so that the pineapple can stand up on its end.
4. Slice down the side.
5. Continue slicing the side in strips until all of the exterior is removed.
6. Slice lengthwise.
7. Next, cut the fruit around the tough inedible center core.
8. With the skin & core removed, cut remaining fruit as desired.
Not only is pineapple delicious alone, it is a wonderful addition to salsa, popsicles, and more.
*This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting Prep Dish!