Freezer meal prep can be SUCH a lifesaver and it doesn't have to be super time consuming or complicated! Take a peek into my freezer.
Have you tried freezer meal prep? Here at Prep Dish, we’ve just wrapped up a freezer challenge, which was super fun! We strategically stocked our freezers with breakfasts and dinners to make the busy fall easier.
Today, chef, dietitian and mom of two shares what exactly is in her own freezer right now!
1. Breakfast Items: We rotate between oatmeal (hot or overnight oats), eggs with potatoes or sweet potatoes, and pancakes or waffles on the weekend! My freezer now has breakfast burritos (great for lunch too!), a frittata, zucchini muffins and mini frittata muffins.
2. Lunches / Dinners: Shepherd’s Pie, Sloppy Joes, Taco Soup, and another batch of soup. Tip: Freeze a more condensed version of the soup (less liquid) and add water or broth when you reheat.
3. Proteins: Fish, meat, etc. I always keep this on hand in the freezer so I have options for dinner.
4. Homemade Broth: I love making homemade broth and always have some in the freezer to use in soups and other dishes.
5. Frozen Fruits & Veggies: I keep a few items like cauliflower rice, broccoli and frozen berries to use when we’re low on fresh produce.
Bonus: Dark chocolate! This is a must 🙂
Connect with Allison: PrepDish.com Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/prepdish/
Get your FREE mealplan at PrepDish.com/podcast OR text the word mealprep to 33777
Resources mentioned in this podcast:
I need your help! Post on Facebook or Instagram with what you’d love to see in the next Prep Dish challenge. We love feedback!
Get your free trial HERE for two weeks of free meal plans!
Childcare Options – Au Pair vs Nanny vs Daycare
3 Foods I make from scratch (and 3 I don’t!)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts l Google Podcasts l Amazon Music