Prep Dish founder, Allison Schaaf, walks you through an exercise to help you identify areas of your meal planning routine to upgrade.
Grab a piece of paper and a pen for this one because host Allison Schaaf is leading you through a reflection exercise to help you transform your mealtime routine. This works well as a New Years reflection or something to work through any time you're in need of a change!
Try to choose just ONE thing to change today so it’s realistic, not overwhelming.
Here are some things to think about. Write down anything that jumps out at you as something you might want to change.
1. Meal Planning: Are you planning your meals? If so, are you happy with your system?
2. Grocery Shopping: Do you have a routine that’s working for you or do you find yourself scrambling to fit in another mid-week grocery trip?
3. Meal Prep: Are you prepping any foods in advance? Is there any additional meal prep you might want to add in?
4. Foods You’re Eating: Does the food you’re eating leave you feeling healthy and satisfied or does it leave you feeling drained? Just as important, is the food you’re eating something you enjoy and look forward to?
5. Breakfast: Are you happy with your breakfasts? Are they satisfying and delicious? How is the timing, do you feel like you have time for breakfast?
6. Lunch: Consider timing, nutrition and the taste factor for your lunches.
7. Dinners: Do you feel rushed making dinner or is it a relatively calm time of day? Do you feel like you’re in a rut or are you happy with your meal plan rotation?
8. Snacks: Do you feel like you have healthy snacks available?
Think about the ONE area you might want to upgrade this year and please, feel free to message me @prepdish on Instagram – I would love to hear from you!
Our Prep Dish meal plans are also an excellent way to address many of these issues if you’re not already using them.
Connect with Allison: PrepDish.com Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/prepdish/
Get your FREE mealplan at PrepDish.com/podcast OR text the word mealprep to 33777
Resources mentioned in this podcast:
Get your free trial here for two weeks of free meal plans!
Reset Meal Plans (Whole30-Compliant)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts l Google Podcasts l Amazon Music