Prep Dish founder and mom of 2 Allison Schaaf shares 10 portable healthy snacks for kids. They're great for adults too!
Today I’m sharing 10 of my go-to healthy portable snacks for kids. These work great for adults too! My priority in selecting these was low mess, easy prep items my kids are actually excited to eat.
I’d love to hear your go-tos as well! Message me on Instagram @prepdish or send me a message in our Facebook group, linked below.
10 Portable Healthy Snacks for Kids & Adults
1. Apple Slices – I place these in silicon bags like Stasher bags.
2. Popcorn or Rice Cakes – These can be a bit messier!
3. Oranges – I love that we can bring these and just keep them unpeeled to save for another day if they don’t eat them.
4. Meat Sticks – I get mine from Imperfect Foods. They have a grassfed meat stick as well as a turkey one.
5. Cucumbers – These are a great low mess, easy prep veggie.
6. Bananas – This is another one we can just keep unpeeled if they don’t get eaten. If they get bruised, I just throw them in my weekend batch of banana pancakes!
7. Cashews – This is a nice shelf stable one I can just keep in my purse or in the car. My kids love pumpkin seeds as well.
8. Cheese Sticks
9. Plantain Chips – These are definitely a favorite!
Connect with Allison: PrepDish.com Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/prepdish/
Get your FREE mealplan at PrepDish.com/podcast OR text the word mealprep to 33777
Resources mentioned in this podcast:
Get your free trial here for two weeks of free meal plans!
Prep Dish Facebook Group (Just request to join and I’ll approve you! You don’t have to be a subscriber)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts l Google Podcasts l Amazon Music