Prep Dish founder and meal prep expert Allison Schaaf shares 5 upgrades to stainless steel kitchen tools that make a big difference.
In today’s episode Prep Dish founder Allison Schaaf shares 5 small kitchen upgrades that have been making her happier in the kitchen.
Many of these upgrades involve switching from plastic to stainless steel, for both health reasons and simply for quality. Stainless steel is easier to wash, more durable and you don’t have to worry about chemicals leeching into food.
5 Small Kitchen Upgrades
1. Multiple Stainless Steel Bowls – I love having the small and medium size on hand for food prep. They’re also easy to store as they all stack.
2. Ice Cream Scoops – I love getting several pints of ice cream for people to choose from when I have dinner guests and I wanted an ice cream scoop for each pint. I bought several stainless steel ice cream scoops and I’ve been loving them!
3. Stainless Steel Baking Sheets – Stainless steel is a lot more food safe than many other materials and I love not having to worry about it. The ones I got fit in to the dishwasher which is wonderful. I have three or four of them so I don’t run out when I’m doing my meal prep.
4. Stainless Steel Cups, Bowls and Silverware for the Kids
5. Tea Strainer – I buy almost all of my tea looseleaf in bulk. I have stainless steel tea strainers and love them.
Resources mentioned in this podcast:
Get your free trial here for two weeks of free meal plans!