Chef and dietitian Allison Schaaf shares tips on cooking with salt, from both a nutritional and a culinary perspective.
Meal Prep expert Allison Schaaf is talking all things salt today, from both a culinary and a nutritional perspective.
Nutritional Considerations for Salt:
- Most canned items, unless “no salt added,” are high in sodium
- Store bought broth is often quite high in sodium as well
- Soy sauce, even reduced sodium soy sauce, is high in sodium
- Processed meats are high in sodium
- Potassium, found in veggies, balances out sodium
Culinary Considerations for Salt:
- Salt meat before you cook it for best results
- Hold your hand up high when salting food for even distribution
- Taste as you go – this is so important!
- Finishing salt serves a purpose too
Connect with Allison: PrepDish.com Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/prepdish/
Get your FREE mealplan at PrepDish.com/podcast OR text the word mealprep to 33777
Resources mentioned in this podcast:
Get your free trial here for two weeks of free meal plans!