In today’s episode, host Allison Schaaf shares what she’s eating and drinking these days while breastfeeding her 7 month old son. From specific foods that support milk supply to just staying hydrated, these tips are great for any breastfeeding moms, or anyone looking for ideas on healthy snacks and beverages to add to your meal plan!
- Oatmeal – Oats are great for milk supply! You can make a big batch in the Instant Pot to feed the whole family. Two favorite combinations:
- Pumpkin oatmeal (oats, can of pumpkin puree, cinnamon, ground flax, raisins, peanut butter and bananas or chocolate chips)
- Blueberry oatmeal (oats, frozen blueberries or cherries, sliced almonds, milk, ground flax, sometimes collagen)
- Eggs – When the chickens are laying eggs, we also eat a lot of eggs for breakfast! (Hear all about our chickens here!)
- Dark chocolate + Tea
- Overnight oats – oats soaked with yogurt, fruit and honey
- Smoothie – My Strawberry Mojito Smoothie and Tropical Green Smoothie are great!
- Chopped veggies + nut butter
- Chips w/ mashed avocado or salsa with sparkling water + lime
- First thing in the AM – Tulsi Tea (Holy Basil) or lemon water
- Green Tea or Siply tea
- Mother’s Milk tea in the afternoon
- Sometimes turmeric chai or regular caffeine-free chai tea in the afternoon or evening
- LMNT – electrolyte powder, without any artificial add-ins
- Alcohol – Dry Farm Wines ( < affiliate link) or Cider
Resources mentioned in this podcast:
Get your free trial here!
Test Strips from Upspring Baby – You can test milk for traces of alcohol!
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for your support of Prep Dish!