Want to grow fresh greens at home but don't have a green thumb? The Lettuce Grow Farmstand just may be the answer. Read the pros & cons below!
Host Allison Schaaf’s husband Brook joins her today as they talk about the benefits and drawbacks of the Lettuce Grow Farmstand system. Lettuce Grow is a self-watering, self-fertilizing hydroponic farmstand that lets you grow greens (and other veggies!) year-round, either inside or out.
Here’s what they have to say:
Benefits of the Lettuce Grow Farmstand:
- Saves space: it’s a vertical tower requiring little room.
- Controlled environment: It’s easier than growing plants in a yard because water and nutrients are controlled.
- Kids can help: It’s fun and easy for even small kids to help with planting and harvesting. Bonus – they just may snack on the lettuce!
- Fresh greens: The number one benefit is of course having fresh greens to harvest whenever you want them.
- Sprouting seedlings: We’ve also used it to sprout seedlings to transplant outside.
Drawbacks of Lettuce Grow:
- Cost: It’s an investment and definitely costs more than simply planting a traditional garden.
- Maintenance: Lettuce Grow requires pretty minimal maintenance but you do need to add water and nutrients about once a week. It requires much less maintenance than a traditional garden though.
- Protected Space: You need a protected space from critters like deer and part of it has to be plugged in. You may need either a heater or grow lights depending on where you live.
Use code FRIEND-K07X for a discount (while availability lasts – limited to 3 uses!)
Connect with Allison: PrepDish.com Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/prepdish/
Get your FREE mealplan at PrepDish.com/podcast OR text the word mealprep to 33777
Resources mentioned in this podcast:
Get your free trial here for two weeks of free meal plans!
Purchase a Lettuce Grow Farmstand here
This page contains affiliate links. Thank you for your support of Prep Dish!
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts l Google Podcasts l Amazon Music