Want to know my favorite fall treat? These baked pears! I love that the filling is made with only dried fruit and nuts (no added sugar!), making these tasty treats both Paleo & Gluten-Free compliant. I'll use whatever combo I happen to have on hand- I've used figs, raisins, walnuts, almonds and more. I also switch up the use- dessert, breakfast or snack!
Prep Dish Tips:
1.) To make coring the pears a breeze, use a Zyliss apple corer. Simple.
2.) Cut a small slice off of the side/ base so the pears don't “rock”.
Cherry Pecan Baked Pears
- 4 pears
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup Medjool dates (~ 5)
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Place the following in a blender: 1/4 cup coconut oil, 1/4 cup dates, pits removed (~ 5), 1/4 cup dried cherries, 1/2 cup pecans, 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1/2 tsp cinnamon.
- Blend until roughly chopped.
- Core pears and cut in half. (or cut in half and scoop out core/ stem using a spoon)
- Place 1T (heaping) of filling in each pear.
- Bake, covered, in pre-heated 375 F oven for 30 minutes. Remove cover in final 5-10min of cooking.
*Note: we received a Zyliss apple (pear!) corer to use in creating this post.