This Roasted Beet Salad Recipe has only ten ingredients and SO much flavor! This just may be your new favorite salad.
Rather than chopping ingredients for a salad each night, prep 1 large salad at the beginning of the week. Then simply dish it up as a side salad for dinners or scoop some out for a quick lunch. Many of our meal plans provide a salad recipe, this one is pulled from our Winter 1 Plan.
A balsamic roasted beet & shaved fennel salad is one of my favorite winter salads. On your prep day, you’ll need to roast your beets & thinly slice your fennel. The rest is simply assembling your salad. This salad keeps for 3-5 days. I’ll wait and add in the goat cheese at dinnertime if I know the salad is going to be around much longer than 3 days.
Balsamic Roasted Beet Salad
- 1 tub mixed greens
- 1 small fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 4 large beets
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 4 oz goat cheese (optional)
For the Balsamic Vinaigrette:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- pepper to taste
- Peel beets and dice into ½” cubes.
- Toss beets w/ 1-2T olive oil, season w/ S&P. Roast for 40-45 minutes at 375 F, removing half-way through and tossing.
- When cooked through (a knife slides through the beets) remove from oven and toss w/ 1T balsamic vinegar. Allow to cool.
- To assemble your salad, layer the following:– ½ tub mixed salad greens– ½c thinly sliced fennel– ¼ c chopped walnuts– ½ roasted beets– 2oz crumbled goat cheese
- Repeat layers.
- (Option to store the assembled salad in the mixed greens container.)
For the vinaigrette
- Whisk 1/2 cup olive oil and 1/4 cup balsamic together and add pepper to taste.
The January Plan is a weekly gluten-free, dairy-free meal plan that includes this beet salad.