Desserts must be indulgent. As a dietitian, I aim to also utilize whole-food, gluten-free, dairy-free ingredients. For example, using dates as a sweetener instead of sugars and opting for nut butters instead of flours. This quick & easy 3-ingredient cookie is family-friendly and oh so good!
3-Ingredient Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pits removed
- 1 cup peanut butter*
- Optional: 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
- Place 1 egg & 1c dates in a food processor or blender, blending until smooth (3-4 minutes).
- Add in 1c peanut butter, blending until mixed smooth. Note: if using a blender, may want to stir in PB by hand.
- Stir in ½c dark chocolate chips, if using.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto an oiled baking sheet.
- Bake in 350 F oven for 10-12 minutes.
As with all of my recipes, these cookies are perfect to make-ahead and are also freezer-friendly. Looking for a gluten-free, dairy-free weekly meal plan that includes PB cookies, try our December Plan.
My favorite blender to ensure ease in blending dates? A Vita-Mix.
In my experience, Blendtec or Vita-Mix are both good investments.
*This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting Prep Dish!