My Tomato Cucumber Red Onion Salad is crisp and refreshing for hot summer nights. The best part? Only 5 ingredients!
The summers here in Austin are entirely too hot to worry about heating up the stove. Beat the heat with this delicious and refreshing raw veggie salad that is both gluten free and paleo friendly.
Tomato, Cucumber & Red Onion Salad
- 1 English cucumber
- 3-4 Roma tomatoes
- 1/4 red onion
- ~3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 tsp vinegar (apple cider, red wine, or whatever you have on hand)
- Cut the cucumber in half & remove the seeds with a spoon. Then slice thinly.
- Quarter the tomatoes and remove the seeds with a spoon. Then slice thinly.
- Very thinly slice the red onion.
- Whisk together the olive oil & vinegar & toss with the veg. Season w/ salt & fresh ground pepper.
- If you have any fresh herbs, they would be awesome in here, 1-2tsp chopped fresh dill, basil, parsley, mint, etc.
What is your favorite way to beat the heat? Share your ideas and pictures on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram as @prepdish in all 3 places, or leave a comment below.