Frittata is Italian for delicious. All kidding aside, this crustless quiche makes for a great gluten-free breakfast. With just a few simple ingredients make a dish everyone can enjoy. Eggs are the base filled with goodies. A little bit of bacon goes a long way to deliver flavor and aroma. Feel free to play around with the veggies.
Asparagus, Bacon & Feta Spring Frittata
- 4 slices peppered bacon (nitrate-free)
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 8 eggs (organic, omega-3)
- 4 oz crumbled feta (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Finely chop 4 slices bacon; remove & discard lower 2-3” of asparagus, cut remaining spears in 1/2” pieces. Set aside.
- Place chopped bacon in sauté pan, cook 3-4 min, add asparagus & garlic, cook 3-4 min or til bacon is cooked and crispy.
- Whisk 8 eggs in a large bowl & season with black pepper. Stir in cooked bacon & asparagus.
- Pour into a prepared pie pan. Top with 4oz crumbled feta if using.
- Bake at 350 F for 20-30 minutes or until no longer jiggly. Allow to cool.