You are going to love this 7-ingredient, no bake Chocolate Bliss Energy Bites recipe! Loaded with toasted cashews, chia seeds, cocoa or cacao powder and sweetened with dates, these bites deliver a protein punch and are full of fiber. We call them Chocolate Bliss Energy Bites for a reason – you are going to fall in love with these guys. If you choose peppermint extract, they will taste like a Thin Mint cookie. Add in the almond extract instead and you have an Almond Joy! You could even roll them in some toasted, flaked coconut as well.
A couple of quick tips: Make a double batch of the Chocolate Bliss Energy Bites…I promise they won't last long! I like storing them in the freezer and popping a couple out for a quick snack, breakfast or even dessert when the chocolate bug hits. This recipe is perfectly kid friendly and an easy one for them to help make as well. So dig out the aprons and get them cooking with you!
Chocolate Bliss Energy Bites
- 1 c roasted cashews
- 1 c medjool dates, pitted (~8)
- 1 T chia seeds
- 1/4 c cacao/cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond or peppermint extract (optional)
- 2 T nut milk of choice (or sub with water)
- Combine the following ingredients in a food processor (blender works okay but food processor is best) until well combined: 1c roasted cashews + 1c medjool dates, pitted (~8) + 1T chia seeds + ¼c cocoa/ cacao powder + ½tsp vanilla extract + ¼tsp almond or peppermint extract, optional + 2T nut milk of choice (OR sub with water)
- Form into 1 inch balls. If you wet your hands it makes it easier to form into balls.
- Place on parchment lined sheet pan in single layer. Option to freeze and then store in baggie it store or store in fridge.