You had me at bacon, I know, right? Bacon is not the star of this show though, chicken thighs are! Chicken thighs are an inexpensive and delicious meat choice and I especially love it here with the crispy skins.
I always love recipes with a simple ingredient list because, well…it's budget friendly but also allows the main ingredients to take center stage. You don't need a whole lot of added ingredients when bacon and garlic are included– they do all the flavoring. This recipe brings chicken thighs and spinach to an entire different level. You're going to love it!
This crispy chicken recipe is a great addition to your weekly dinner line-up.
Garlic Butter Chicken
- 4 slices bacon
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon grassfed butter
- 1/2 cup chicken broth*
- 1 lemon
- 10 ounce baby spinach
- 2 pounds bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Place 4 slices of bacon on foil-lined baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until crispy.
- Reserve 2T bacon fat.
- Mince 4 cloves garlic.
- Heat large skillet over medium heat. Add 2T bacon fat (or olive oil) and season chicken thighs with S&P.
- Place chicken side down. Cook ~12 min, flip and repeat until both sides are crispy and brown. Remove chicken & set aside.
- Add 1T butter and 4 cloves minced garlic to skillet. Cook ~1 min. Add 1/2c chicken broth and 1tsp lemon juice.
- Reduce to medium-low and add chicken back to skillet. Cook 5-10 min until chicken reaches internal temp of 165 F.
- Remove chicken from pan.
- Add 10oz spinach to sauce in skillet, cook over medium until wilted. Add S&P to taste and top with bacon crumbles.