Banana sushi makes SUCH a fun healthy kid snack! With only 4 ingredients, it's totally customizable – make it your own!
Kid approved, this fun “sushi” recipe will be a hit for the whole family! This recipe can be used for breakfast, snack or dessert and only has 4 ingredients.
A couple of quick tips: To make this nut free, use sunflower seed butter and instead of pistachios, you can substitute coconut flakes.
Banana “sushi” is perfectly kid friendly and easy for them to help make. Have some fun with it! Let your kids pick out their favorite toppings to create their own masterpiece. While I used nuts and cacoa nibs you could use nuts, seeds, mini chocolate chips, chopped strawberries or blueberries. You really can't mess this recipe up! So dig out the aprons and get your kids cooking with you!
Are you looking for more kid approved recipes? We have included 2 kid approved menus in our NEW Entertainment Bundle. Head over to prepdish.com/party to find out more!
We'd love to see your kid friendly snacks. Please share pics of your version of Banana “Sushi” with us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram as @prepdish in all 3 places, or leave a comment below with your favorite snack!
Cocoa Peanut Butter Banana “Sushi”
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachios
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 4 bananas
- 1 tablespoon cacoa nibs
- Roughly chop ~¼c pistachios.
- Spread 1T peanut butter in a thin layer on top of each banana.
- Evenly sprinkle 1T chopped pistachios + 1T cacao nibs on top of the peanut butter layer.
- With a knife, cut banana into "sushi" rounds.
- Optional: this snack is a great excuse to practice the use of chopsticks!