I love cornbread! Growing up, my mom used to make Jiffy cornbread and serve with ham and beans. I’ve developed a cornbread recipe that’s gluten-free (Jiffy is not!). I also use olive oil (Jiffy uses partially hydrogenated lard). But the result is just as delicious.
This recipe also makes a great base for gluten-free Cornbread Stuffing.
Gluten Free Corn Muffins
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- Pre-heat oven to 400F.
- Stir together in large bowl cornmeal, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together 2 eggs, 1 cup water, 1/4 cup olive oil, and 1/4 cup honey.
- Add wet to dry ingredients and stir well to combine.
- Pour into a 12-cup, well-oiled muffin tin (option to line muffin tin w/ papers).
- Bake at 400 F for 16-20 minutes, or until tops bounce back when pressed. Cool completely, cover and store at room temperature. Yields: 12.
- Place in 9×13” pan sprayed w/ oil.
- Bake 400 F for 18-20 minutes. Store at room temperature, covered. (if using for stuffing, do not cover and allow to become dry)