This Gluten Free Banana Muffin recipe uses almond flour & coconut flour for the perfect texture. I use coconut oil so they're dairy free too!
So excited to share my recipe for Gluten Free and Paleo Banana Nut Muffins with you! After much testing, I found a definite winner! These whole-food based muffins are sweetened only with bananas and have a base of almond butter (protein kick!) and coconut flour. Perfect make ahead breakfast, snack, or lunch box treat. Quick tip: you might want to double the recipe because these banana nut muffins are freezer friendly.
Need the muffins to be nut-free? Simply, omit the walnut pieces and sub the almond butter for sunflower seed butter.
Gluten Free and Paleo Banana Nut Muffins
- 4 bananas (the more ripe, the better!)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup chopped walnut pieces
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg (optional)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- muffin liners
- Place the following in food processor or blender and pulse until combined and has smooth consistency: 4 bananas, 4 eggs, 1/2 cup almond butter, 2 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- In a large bowl, mix together: 1/2 cup coconut flour, 1/2 cup chopped walnut pieces, 2 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp nutmeg (if using), 1 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp baking soda
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients & mix well.
- Line a muffin tin with liners.
- Fill ~2/3 full of batter.
- Bake @ 350F or 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely. Freeze now or simply devour!