Today, I am sharing with you one of my most loved fish recipes – Gluten Free Pecan Crusted Salmon. We often hear from our subscribers that they want to eat more fish, but need to find a way to enjoy it. Or they'd like to find a “family friendly” fish recipe. See, you are not alone! 😉
My Gluten Free Pecan Crusted Salmon is a triple threat: healthy, tasty, and easy to make. A few simple ingredients, combined with a few simple steps, and a family friendly dinner is served in under 30 minutes! I love pairing this dish with roasted veggies or sweet potato and pear soup.
As an added bonus, by using a pecan crust, versus breading, you are introducing a ton of healthy fats and fiber into your diet that help lower cholesterol and keep you fuller longer. Additionally, pecans are rich in vitamins E (a powerful antioxidant) and B (boosts your metabolic functions). Pair that with the heart-healthy omega-3 rich salmon and you have a powerhouse meal!
You can think of my gluten free pecan crusted salmon as a healthy alternative to fish sticks.
Don't forget substitutions are always allowed with Prep Dish meals! If you can't eat seafood, try swapping chicken tenders. And if pecans are out, you can swap with another nut or crust the fish (or chicken) with coconut flour mixed with unsweetened, shredded coconut.
Gluten Free Pecan Crusted Salmon
- 2 c pecans
- 1 T chili powder*
- 2 eggs
- 4 salmon fillets (4-6oz each)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 425 F
- In a blender or food processor, blend 2c pecans & 1T chili powder until nuts are coarsely chopped. Pour into a shallow bowl.
- Whisk 2 eggs in a separate shallow bowl.
- Dip 1 salmon fillet into whisked eggs, covering completely.
- Then dredge salmon fillet in spiced chopped pecans, covering completely.
- Repeat for remaining fillets.
- Season each with sea salt (1/4 tsp total).
- Place fish in a baking pan and bake for ~18-20 minutes or cooked through/flaky.