Whether you are packing a work lunch, a school lunch, or to have on hand at home, creating the perfect prep ahead lunch can be challenging! That's why I love my Sweet and Crunchy Tuna Salad recipe. It comes together in seconds, is totally flexible and easily increased or decreased to fit your needs. I will make a big bunch on Sunday and then mix up how I eat it throughout the week.
On a recent trip to California, Brook and I stopped at a cafe that had tuna salad wrapped in collard greens on the menu. I was very skeptical, but gave it a try. It was AMAZING!!! You have to just trust me on this one and give it a try. When I got home, I created my sweet and crunchy tuna salad recipe just so I could eat this again. The sweet and salty tuna pairs so well with the slightly bitter collard. It truly is the perfect balance.
I also like to put this tuna salad recipe on top of a bed of arugula. The peppery leaf marries perfectly with the sweet grapes in the tuna. Add some diced avocado and a splash of balsamic vinaigrette and lunch is served!
Making my tuna salad recipe for your kiddo's lunch? You can serve it in an avocado half with a splash of lime to prevent browning, with sliced or cherry tomatoes, wrapped in romaine or with gluten free bread. I promise this one will be a hit, especially when you throw in a PB & J cookie for dessert!
Sweet and Crunchy Tuna Salad
- 1 small bunch grapes
- 3x 5oz cans tuna, drained* (OR sub with chicken)
- 1/4 c sunflower seeds
- 1/3 c mayo*
- 1/4 c dried cranberries*
- 1 collard bunch or romaine lettuce (for wraps) (OR sub with arugula, mixed greens)
- Half grapes to equal ~3/4c (reserve any remaining for snacking).
- Mix the following together: 3 cans tuna, drained + 1/4c sunflower seeds + 1/3c mayo + 1/4c dried cranberries (break apart if needed) + 3/4c grape halves + S&P, to taste
- Store in air-tight container in fridge until ready to use.
- Serve in a lettuce wrap or over a bed of your favorite lettuce. I like arugula because of it's peppery taste.
Want to save for later? Pin the image below!