Gluten-Free Lemon-Ginger Blueberry Scones w/ Almond Flour
My Gluten Free Blueberry Scones are made with almond flour and have the best texture. A hint of lemon and ginger lends a unique twist!
Gluten Free Blueberry Scones
- 2 cups almond flour*
- 1 tsp baking soda
- zest of 1 lemon (~2 Tbsp)
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp almond extract (optional)
- 1 Tbsp fresh grated ginger (optional)
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Stir together 2 cups almond flour, 1 tsp baking soda, and zest of 1 lemon.
- In a separate bowl, whisk 1 egg, 2 Tbsp honey, 1 tsp vanilla, 1/2 tsp almond extract, and 1 Tbsp fresh ginger.
- Combine wet & dry ingredients and gently stir in 1c blueberries. Form batter into a large ball.
- Place batter on an oiled baking sheet, flatten slightly, use a pizza cutter & cut into 4-8 wedges, separate wedges so not touching.
- Bake at 375 F 18-20 min or until lightly browned and cooked through. Note: these freeze really well if not eaten within 2-3 days.
- This recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free, grain-free & Paleo-friendly.
Find these scones and more gluten-free, prep ahead recipes in the Prep Dish Meal Plans.
We want to hear from you!! Let us know what you think in our Comments section, below.