Sheet Pan Chicken Thighs and Potatoes, Fennel and Carrots is the perfect simple, healthy family dinner. The lemon adds fantastic flavor!
Sheet pan meals can be one of the greatest gifts to all of those who do dishes after dinner. One pan, a few dinner plates and you're finished in time for a good Netflix binge. No one enjoys washing multiple pots and pans after a meal. Especially during the week!
This Lemony Chicken Thighs w/ Fennel, Potatoes and Carrots cooks all on one pan like I promised and makes the perfect meal for the colder weather. There's something about the smells a chicken roasting in the oven that makes for a perfect Fall comfort food meal.
To give your veggies and chicken a little extra crispiness, preheat your sheet pan in the oven while warming up. Once it's hot add your veggies and place your chicken on the pan skin side down.
You can also make this meal work for you with dietary restrictions. Just simply swap the vegetables for those that work for you. Just make sure they have the same cooking time as the rest of the meal.
Lemony Sheet Pan Chicken Thighs w/ Vegetables
- 4 chicken thighs boneless, skin on
- 1 fennel bulb
- 6 fingerling potatoes
- 2 carrots
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 T olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Place chicken thighs in a large bowl and set aside.
- Cut carrots into 1 1/2-inch pieces. Set aside.
- Trim the stalks and fronds off the fennel, setting aside fronds. Cut the bulb into quarters through the root, then cut each quarter into 1 -inch slices. Mince ~1T fennel fronds. Add fennel slices and minced fronds to bowl with chicken.
- Mince 3 cloves of garlic and add to bowl with chicken. Add 6 fingerling potatoes to bowl.
- Add juice of 1 lemon + 2T olive oil to bowl and season w/ S&P and toss to combine.
- Transfer the chicken mixture onto a large baking sheet. Arrange the vegetables around the outside and place the chicken pieces closely together in the center. Pour any remaining juices from the bowl over the chicken.
- Roast until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of about 165°F and the vegetables are tender and beginning to brown around the edges, about 30 minutes. Toss vegetables halfway through cooking.
Check out my video for more details on how to make Sheet Pan Chicken Thighs and Potatoes!