This quick and easy mustard-dill salmon recipe with roasted asparagus and purple potatoes is perfect to make for dinner or lunch. Containing only 5 ingredients (minus a few pantry staples) and prepped in minutes, it's one of my favorite go-to recipes for quick & easy (and I know Brook loves it!). I also like to make this salmon recipe for dinner guests because the flavors are outstanding, the presentation is gorgeous, and I can prep everything ahead of time. This way I am not slaving in a kitchen before guests arrive. Bonus!
A couple of quick tips:
1.) Double the salmon recipe and serve chilled over a salad for lunch the next day. I love adding green beans, strawberries and almonds (or pecans) to the salad and topping with my Strawberry Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing.
2.) Add a flavor punch to the asparagus by grating fresh lemon zest over the asparagus after roasting.
Mustard Dill Salmon
- 1 bunch fresh dill
- 1 c grainy mustard Note: read ingredient label and avoid any added sugars, msg, gluten, salt etc.
- 4 fillets salmon 4-6 oz each.
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1-2 pounds purple potatoes Can sub mini red potatoes
- 1T olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 425 F.
- Tear off top half of dill (discarding the thicker stem portion) add to a blender or food processor along with 1c grainy mustard.
- Blend until dill is chopped. Note: you could optionally chop the dill with a knife and stir into grainy mustard.
- Spread 1-2T mustard-dill sauce on each salmon fillet and place fillets on a baking sheet.
- Cut ends off bottom 2-3" of asparagus and discard.
- Toss both asparagus and potatoes with 1T olive oil and S&P, each. Keep separate.
- Place potatoes on baking sheet and roast for 30-40 minutes, tossing halfway through.
- In same oven, bake salmon for 18-22 minutes or until just cooked through and flaky.
- Place asparagus on baking sheet in a single layer. Roast for 10-12 minutes, tossing halfway through.
Let me know in the comments below if this recipe becomes one of your favorite go-tos as well. We'd also love it if you'd post a pic on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. Find us in all 3 places as @prepdish!