Wondering how to roast fennel? Get the simplest recipe. Paired with fingerling potatoes, this makes a great healthy side dish!
Fennel has the reputation of being slightly anise-flavored (think black licorice), but after roasting it takes on a sweet delicate flavor and texture that I just love! This dish is great any time of year but is particularly warming and satisfying in the fall & winter months. Pair with lamb chops, beef roast or a whole roasted chicken for a healthy but heartwarming comfort food meal.
Roasted Fennel and Fingerling Potatoes
- 2 fennel bulbs
- 1.5-2 pounds fingerling potatoes
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Slice fennel into wedges (~1⁄2”-1” wide).
- Toss fennel and potatoes w/ 1-2T olive oil, S&P.
- Roast potatoes 40-50 minutes until they are easily pierced by a knife.
- Roast fennel for ~35-40 minutes golden brown.
How do you like to eat fennel? Share your ideas and pictures on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram as @prepdish in all 3 places, or leave a comment below.