Balsamic and basil take this White Bean Hummus recipe to the next level! With only 6 ingredients, it takes less than 10 minutes to make!
When looking for a quick, transportable, easy, delicious snack, there may be nothing more perfect than humus. Originating in the Middle East, hummus was traditionally ground chickpeas with sesame oil. However, recently, the definition has expanded to include more varieties ranging from edamame to white bean. Whatever variety you choose, hummus is a wonderful addition to your afternoon snack. Use it as a protein-packing dip for fresh veggies!
The Prep Dish July plan features a white bean hummus that is quick and easy to prep ahead and store for snacking during the week! We love that you can control the amount of olive oil added when making it at home. Ranging from taste to convenience, there are a million reasons to love white bean hummus. Here are a few that reach the top of our list!
Reasons Why We LOVE White Bean Hummus:
- It’s kid-friendly
- Lets be honest – kids love dipping. Throw a bowl of dip next to fresh veggies and the next thing you know, the veggies will be gone.
- It lets you dip vegetables in vegetables (well… vegetables in legumes)
- Talk about bang for your buck! Dipping cut up veggies in hummus packs in the servings of veggies. Which leads to our next point…
- It disguises itself as a thick, rich, fattening dip…minus the fat
- Hummus is so rich and creamy, you’d think it was loaded with cream or cheese or just straight up fat. However, other than a tiny bit of heart healthy olive oil there are no added fat sources.
- It packs in some of the most sought after, nutrient stars:
- B-vitamins and more!
But don't take our word for it! Try it yourself and let us know your top reason for loving white-bean hummus.
White Bean Hummus
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove, peeled
- 15 oz cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 handful fresh basil
- olive oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Toss the cannellini beans, balsamic vinegar, garlic, and basil into a food processor or blender.
- Blend until smooth, adding olive oil 1T at a time as needed.
- Season to taste with fresh ground pepper and sea salt.
- Serve with your favorite assortment of fresh vegetables like cherry tomatoes, carrots, and bell peppers.