Spaghetti Squash with Meat Sauce is the perfect healthy comfort food. Mine has grass fed beef & mushrooms for plenty of nutrition and flavor!
There are so many different things you can do with spaghetti squash, but one of our favorites at Prep Dish is as an alternative to gluten-free pastas. In fact, if you are looking to cut calories, it has about 1/5th the calories per serving compared to an average gluten-free pasta.
This super yummy recipe is such a hit with our subscribers, we put it back on the menu for October! Try it for yourself and see what all the buzz is about.
Spaghetti Squash with Grass Fed Beef and Mushroom Marinara Sauce
- 1 2-3# spaghetti squash
- 1 # grass-fed, organic ground beef (95%)
- 25.5 oz tomato sauce or crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced (to equal 1 Tbsp)
- 1 tub sliced mushrooms
- 2-3 Tbsp herbs de Provence (or Italian herb blend)
- Pierce the spaghetti squash with a knife and roast for ~1.5 hours (for 2 small) or ~2 hours for 1 large squash (or until a knife easily pierces the skin). Carefully slice squash in half, allowing heat to escape. Set aside and allow to cool, remove seeds, then scoop out squash.
- In a large sauté pan, add beef, 1T garlic, chopped onion, 1 tub sliced mushrooms, and sauté 15 min, continuing to break apart meat and stirring occasionally.
- Add 25.5oz jar of tomato sauce, season w/ 2-3T herbs de Provence, S&P to taste. Stir to combine, shut off heat, cool.
- Serve spaghetti squash topped with tomato sauce. Option to grate parmesan overtop.