This page contains affiliate links. Thank you for your support of Prep Dish!
Today's blog recipe, Sweet Potato Frittata, is a triple threat! It can be used for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Like the Very Berry Muffins my last blog post, this recipe is a great grab and go breakfast. But, I also like eating frittatas for lunch because they are perfect to eat either warmed or straight out of the fridge. Consider packing a slice of frittata in our child's lunch kit. If you have a bento style box, fill the other sections with olives, fruit and/ or a salad or veggie sticks for a well-rounded meal.
This recipe is pretty flexible too. You can add your favorite ground sausage, swap the peppers with mushrooms, etc. If you need even more frittata inspo, check out my Asparagus, Bacon & Feta recipe.
Sweet Potato Frittata
- 1 med sweet potato (OR sub 1/2# spiralized sweet potato)
- 1 sm onion
- 1 red or orange bell pepper
- 1 T olive oil
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 c full fat coconut milk
- 1 T Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven 400F.
- Spiralize or grate 1 sweet potato.
- Dice 1 small onion and 1 bell pepper.
- In a cast iron skillet or other oven safe skillet (must be oven proof!), heat 1T olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the spiralized or shredded sweet potato and cook for ~5 minutes until sweet potato starts to become tender.
- In a bowl, whisk 6 eggs. Add ½c full fat coconut milk + 1T Italian seasoning +S&P to the bowl. Mix together.
- Add 1 diced onion and 1 diced bell pepper to bowl. Whisk until well combined.
- Pour mixture into oven safe skillet and cook on stove top until egg starts to set around the edges ~5-6 minutes.
- Once egg has started to set, carefully move skillet to oven and cook for ~15-20 minutes.
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting Prep Dish.