I truly love a great bowl recipe and this Teriyaki Salmon Bowl from our January meal plans is one of my new favorite go to recipes. Nothing is better than marrying multiple flavors and textures in one dish. It's also a great way to get a variety of nutrients in as well.
The only items you're cooking in this bowl is the grain and the salmon…the veggies are raw so you can pick and choose the vegetables you love. If you're not a big fan of raw veggies this recipe works really well by lightly steaming or sauteing the veggies. You can also use different grains like quinoa or rice noodles as well!
Don't eat grains? No worries…this dish pairs nicely with cauliflower rice and zucchini noodles or sweet potato noodles. Heck…try them all and see which one's your fav! Personally…I'm partial to the cauli rice.
Teriyaki Salmon Bowl
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup tamari
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 T rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes optional
- 1 T sesame oil
- 1 cup white rice
- 4 whole carrots
- 2 red bell peppers
- 4 radishes optional
- 1 bunch green onions
- 4 salmon fillets
- 1 cup snow peas
- 2 avocados optional
- 2 T sesame seeds
- salt and pepper to taste
- Finely chop 3-4 cloves garlic for a total of 1T.
- In a medium container, combine the following: 1⁄2c tamari + 1⁄2c honey + 1T minced garlic + 2T rice wine vinegar + 1tsp ground ginger + 1⁄4tsp red pepper flakes, optional + 1T sesame oil.
- Preheat oven to 400 F .
- Place 2c water + 1c rice in a pot, bring to a boil, turn heat to low, cover w/ lid, cook 16-18 min.
- Cut 4 carrots into 1-inch thin sticks. Cut 2 red peppers into thin strips.
- Thinly slice 4 radishes, optional.
- Chop both white and green parts of 1 bunch green onions.
- Place salmon fillets on foil covered sheet pan. Sprinkle w/ S&P. Using 1⁄4 of the teriyaki sauce, brush each fillet (~1T per fillet).
- Bake 12-16 min or until flaky.
- Assemble 4 bowls w/ ~1⁄2c rice, cooked salmon, sliced carrots, peppers, snow peas, avocado slices (optional) & radish slices (optional).
- Top each bowl w/ sesame seeds (~1-2tsp per bowl), chopped green onions & teriyaki sauce to taste.