Shrimp with Mushrooms are great over noodles, zoodles, rice, you name it! Made with lemon, white wine, parsley & parmesan for tons of flavor.
This one skillet shrimp recipe featured in our February Challenge has it all…flavor, ease and it's super quick! You can have this meal completed in less than 20 minutes, maybe even sooner if you purchase pre-spiralized zucchini. It's also what I refer to as a top tier recipe, which means you can serve it to dinner guests. It's that good!
This shrimp comes with a wine sauce, mushrooms and a sprinkle of fresh parsley making it a winning combination. Don't want the wine? No problem, it's just as tasty replacing the wine with broth.
You really can't mess this recipe up! I like to pair it with zoodles, making it Paleo friendly, but you can serve it with quinoa, pasta or rice. I'll admit, I like things spicy, but you can easily adjust the spiciness to the tastes of those at your table. For no spice, omit the red pepper flakes. Love heat? Increase the red pepper flakes to 1/2tsp (so long as your table guests also love heat).
Shrimp w/ Mushrooms over Zoodles
- 1/2 pound shrimp
- 16 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup white wine or sub vegetable broth
- 2 T lemon juice
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 T fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 c Parmesan cheese grated
- 4 small zucchini spiralized
- Lightly steam zoodles to preferred texture. Set aside.
- Season shrimp w/ S&P. Heat olive oil in large saute pan over med high heat.
- Add shrimp & cook 2-3 mins, stirring occasionally, until pink. Remove from saute pan and set aside.
- Add 4 minced garlic cloves and 16 oz sliced mushrooms to pan, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 min.
- Stir in 1c white wine (or sub vegetable stock) and 2T lemon juice and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer ~4-5 mins. Stir in 2tsp Italian seasoning + 1/4tsp red pepper flakes + shrimp + 2T fresh parsley.
- Serve immediately over steamed zoodles. Top each bowl with ~2T grated Parmesan, optional.