This watermelon feta arugula salad is one of my all-time favorites! The best part? It's only 7 ingredients, including the homemade dressing!
It's official! I had the most magical weekend sharing wedding vows with my *husband*! 🙂 The entire weekend was perfect, and we were blown away by the love and support of our family and friends!
Of course, I had a hand in planning the stunning dinner menu that we served our wedding guests. One of my favorite dishes was a spin on my watermelon, feta and arugula salad. Cool, crisp, sweet, and salty, it was the perfect mix of every flavor! And it's light enough to serve on these warm summer days. I just had to share it with you too!
The recipe below is one that I created and is very similar to what we served at our wedding. It also shows up in this month's meal plans (June Week 3).
Quick tip for selecting a watermelon. Look for one that:
- Has bright skin, is firm, symmetrical, and free of cuts
- Feels heavy for its size; “water” melons contain more than 90% water and the ripest ones have the most water
- Is symmetrical, and has a creamy yellow spot on it's underside from where it sat on the ground and ripened in the sun – rather than being picked early
- Sounds hollow when thumped (this is not a myth!)
Watermelon, Feta & Arugula Salad
For Balsamic Vinaigrette:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 5 oz arugula
- 1 Tbsp thinly sliced red onion
- 8 oz feta crumbles
- 1 cup watermelon, sliced into 1/2" cubes
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, layer 1/2 of your prepped salad ingredients in this order:- arugula- sliced red onion- chopped watermelon- sliced almonds- feta crumbles
- Repeat the layers until all ingredients are used up. Store for later or plate the salad and drizzle each serving with balsamic dressing.