Prep Dish founder Allison Schaaf shares her go-to healthy, easy kids lunch ideas. These work well for adult lunches too!
This page contains affiliate links. Thank you for your support of Prep Dish!
Today’s episode is all about a much requested topic – easy kids lunch ideas. Prep Dish founder and mom of 2, Allison Schaaf, shares her go-to kids’ lunches. No kids? No problem, these work great for adults too!
If you’re looking for easy, healthy kids lunch ideas, leftovers are one of the very best options! Double or even triple a dinner recipe to have on-hand for lunches. That said, you likely won’t always have leftovers on hand. These are some great choices when you need to cook up something quick.
Easy Kids Lunch Ideas
- Frozen Salmon (or any fish!) – Once it’s defrosted, it cooks so quickly.
- Frozen Ground Meat – Use for tacos, burgers, meatballs, etc.
- Frozen Chicken Wings – I get these from Imperfect Foods. Wings cook so quickly and my kids love them!
- Green Beans
- Frozen Broccoli
- Sweet Potatoes
- Salmon w/ Dill Mayo w/ Frozen Broccoli & Rice
- Burgers w/ Potato Wedges & Cucumbers
- Chicken Wings w/ Baked Sweet Potatoes & Green Beans
Mix & Match:
- Tacos – This is such a versatile option. Use what you have on hand! Different veggies like peppers & onions, any ground meat or leftover roast, salsa, avocado, etc.
- Bowls – This is a great way to use up leftovers! Use rice or quinoa as a base, some meat, beans, veggies and a sauce. Tzatziki or salsa work! Homemade ranch is also a delicious choice. With the kids, I keep the items separate.
- Stir Fry – Shrimp or other protein, any veggies and rice, quinoa or rice noodles. We have a simple stir fry sauce linked below!
Resources mentioned in this podcast:
Get your free trial here for two weeks of free meal plans!
Imperfect Foods (<<Affiliate link)