These wholesome gluten free cookies will instantly become a favorite. Easy to prepare and containing only 5 whole-food ingredients, these gluten free cookies are perfect for breakfast, snack, or even packed in a lunch box! Feel free to trade out ingredients such as dried fruits or nut butters for your favorites. I've swapped peanut butter for cashew or almond butter and have swapped apricots for a variety of dried fruits: cherries, cranberries, raisins, blueberries, etc. Also check out my pb + chocolate chip version.
Peanut Butter Breakfast Cookie
- 1 egg
- 1 cup dates, pitted (Medjool preferred)
- 1 cup peanut butter*
- 1/4 cup dried apricots
- 1/4 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
- Place 1 egg & 1c pitted dates in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth (3-4 minutes).
- Add in 1c peanut butter, blending until mixed through. Stir in ¼c chopped dried apricots & ¼c shredded coconut.
- Drop by spoonfuls (best to use a 1.5T ice cream scoop) onto an oiled baking sheet.
- Bake in 325 F oven for ~12-15 minutes.