I LOVE this recipe! My favorite thing about a roast? Leftovers = multiple meals!
I love using recipes like this for my cook once, eat twice strategy. Try serving it with mashed sweet potatoes one night and over a salad or on pork sliders the next night…the possibilities are many!
Getting creative with leftovers like this means you can eat something different each night without getting bored – one core recipe, two delicious dinners.
When it comes to shredded pork, BBQ sauce may come to mind. That's a great stand by, but you're going to love this mojo sauce. It's a classic Cuban sauce with citrus and garlic making it the perfect pairing for pork. I like to make extra sauce to use with shrimp, salmon or chicken. It's amazing!
I also love any meal cooked in a slow cooker. It makes food prep, cooking and clean up a breeze. Slow cooking pork shoulder results in juicy, tender, fall apart shredded pork. If you have time, I recommend the full 8 hours vs. the quicker 4 hours. The slower the process, the better results you'll have when it comes to pork roasts.
If you need a new slow cooker, here's my favorite one. They are great to have in the kitchen, especially with busy days!
We love seeing your food pictures! Please share pics of your Garlic Mojo Pork with us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram as @prepdish in all 3 places, or leave a comment below with your favorite slow cooker recipe!
This page contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting Prep Dish!
Slow Cooker Garlic Mojo Pork
Garlic Mojo Sauce
- 2 oranges
- 2 limes
- 2 lemons
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
Slow Cooker Pork
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ~4 pounds boneless pork shoulder
- 1 cup chicken broth* OR sub water
- 2 yellow onions
- Finely chop 3-4 cloves garlic.
- For mojo sauce whisk together: - 1⁄2c fresh orange juice (~2 oranges) - 1⁄4c fresh lime juice (~2 limes) - 1⁄4c fresh lemon juice (~2 lemons) - 3-4 cloves garlic, minced - 1⁄4c olive oil - 1/3tsp salt - 1/8tsp ground black pepper Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Heat 1T olive oil in a large pan over med-high.
- Season pork shoulder with S&P, add to pan, and brown on all sides.
- After searing pork, place in slow cooker w/ 1⁄2c chicken broth or water & cook ~5 hours on high or ~8 hours on low, until meat is tender.
- Cool, then using your fingers or two forks, shred the pork into bite-sized pieces.
- Slice 11⁄2 onions into 1⁄2” rounds.
- Put 2T of Garlic Mojo Sauce in a large skillet. Warm over high heat.
- Add 4 servings of the shredded pork to the pan and top with the sliced onion rounds.
- Put lid on skillet and cook for a few minutes until the pork is warm and onions are crisp-tender.
- Serve with additional Garlic Mojo Sauce on top.
- Place trivet in bottom of instant pot.
- Lay seared, seasoned pork + 1c chicken broth or water in instant pot.
- Cook on high pressure for ~90mins.
- Once cook time is complete, allow pot to sit for 10mins, then do a quick release.