My chocolate drizzled fruit uses a homemade coconut oil chocolate sauce, making it the perfect healthy fruit dessert!
Fourth of July is right around the corner. It's the perfect time to gather friends, have a picnic or potluck, and watch fireworks!
Today I am sharing a quick healthy fruit dessert idea that will simply wow your guests: chocolate drizzled fruit. The recipe below uses orange segments, but you could easily drizzle over mixed berries for a festive treat! Or try bananas topped with crushed peanuts or almonds, strawberries topped with unsweetened coconut flakes or sliced mango! I love that this recipe is only 4 ingredients and all “real food” and sugar-free. An all natural chocolate sauce? Yes please!
Bonus tip: have extra chocolate sauce? Drizzle it over your favorite ice cream. Here are two simple “ice cream” recipe ideas: coconut milk ice cream and banana ice cream.
Dark Chocolate Drizzled Oranges
- 4 Oranges
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup cacao powder (or use cocoa powder)
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- Peel and separate 4 oranges into segments. Lay in a single layer on a piece of parchment or foil.
- Heat ¼ c coconut oil in a small saucepan over low on stovetop. Once the oil is liquid/ warm, turn off heat, whisk in ¼ c cocoa powder + 1/8 tsp cinnamon.
- Drizzle over orange segments.
- Place orange segments in the fridge to allow chocolate to harden. Store in a container in fridge.
I'd love to know what your favorite chocolate drizzled fruit is! Let me know in the comments below. And, of course, if you make chocolate drizzled fruit, please share pictures on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. Find us in all 3 places as @prepdish!