My Honey BBQ Chicken Recipe has just 5 ingredients and it's SO much healthier than traditional bbq chicken. Simple and delicious.
You are going to fall in love with this 5 ingredient paleo and gluten free Honey BBQ Chicken recipe! All whole foods, super simple to prep ahead, and requires minimal cooking. Don't feel like turning the oven on? Fire up the grill and cook over indirect heat (since the BBQ sauce contains honey and the chicken could easily burn if cooked over direct flames). A simple coleslaw and roasted potatoes (try grilling these in foil packs!) make the perfect sides. The potatoes also act as great “mops” for the extra sauce!
Paleo and Gluten Free Honey BBQ Chicken
- 1 cup strained tomatoes*
- 2 Tbsp chili powder*
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 4 Tbsp honey
- 8-10 chicken drumsticks, bone-in (you can sub tenders, breasts, legs)
- Pre-heat oven to 375 F.
- Whisk together: 1 cup strained tomatoes, 2 Tbsp chili powder, 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar, 4 Tbsp honey, and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper.
- Set aside half of the BBQ sauce for dipping. Toss chicken drumsticks in remaining half of BBQ sauce.
- Place chicken in a baking pan. Bake 45 minutes or cooked through (165 F).
I'd love to know what your favorite 5 ingredient meals are! Let me know in the comments below. And, of course, if you make the Honey BBQ Chicken, please share pictures on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. Find us in all 3 places as @prepdish!