Temperatures are rising, and you know what that means: it’s salad time! Greek Salad with Chicken is the perfect summer salad – cool, crisp and protein packed. I love packing this salad for a picnic or serving friends at a summer dinner party.
To beat the heat even more, try following my Prep Dish method to prep your salad ahead of time:
- Wash, chop and store the lettuce in a baggie
- Marinate, grill, slice and store the chicken
- Make the dressing and store
All you will need to do the day of is slice the tomatoes, cucumbers and artichokes, and then toss with the rest of the ingredients and serve with your favorite citrus-infused iced tea.
Greek Salad with Chicken
For Greek Vinaigrette:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 Tbsp dried oregano
- Salt & Pepper to taste
For the Salad:
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast (optional)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cucumber, chopped into 1/2" pieces
- 8.5 oz can artichokes in water, drained and chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 cup sliced kalamata olives
- 4 oz feta crumbles (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a bowl large enough to hold the chicken, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, pepper, and 1 Tbsp salt. Add chicken and marinate for 20-30 minutes.
- While chicken marinates, whisk together the ingredients for the vinaigrette in a bowl and set aside.
- When chicken is done marinating, remove and bake for approximately 40 minutes or until cooked through (165 F). Cool and slice.
- Prepare your salad while the chicken bakes and cools.
- Toss together chopped lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, artichokes, and sliced olives. Top with sliced chicken and feta crumbles. Drizzle with vinaigrette. Devour!
I'd love to know what your favorite summer salad is! Let me know in the comments below. And, of course, if you make the Greek Salad with Chicken, please share pictures on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. Find us in all 3 places as @prepdish!