Banana ice cream, or “nice” cream, is a favorite around here so I say why not add your favorite ice cream flavors to make it even more special? Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey Ice Cream was always one of my favorites and the flavor combination lends itself perfectly to banana nice cream!
This nice cream provides that wonderful, creamy banana ice cream flavor with chopped walnuts and cocao nibs giving it the perfect touch of chocolate. This is such a tasty treat and only 5 ingredients!
To make the very best nice cream follow these rules:
- Make sure your bananas are ripe! This is the main source of sweetness so if the bananas are underripe you'll have a fairly bland/starchy tasting ice cream.
- Don't over process. Once your last frozen piece of banana is blended, stop. It's also ok to keep a few banana chunks if you enjoy more texture!
If you haven't tried nice cream before do it with this recipe! It's kid and grown up friendly and you get the benefit of serving a treat without all the added sugars!
Chunky Monkey "Nice" Cream
- 3-4 bananas ripe
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2-4 T milk of choice
- 1/2 cup cacao nibs
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Cut bananas into small slices. Place on parchment lined sheet pan and freeze until bananas are frozen.
- Puree frozen bananas in a high powered blender or food processor.
- Add ~1/8tsp salt + 2-4T milk of choice for smoother blending if desired.
- Blend until you achieve a soft serve texture. Don't over blend!
- Fold in 1/2c cacao nibs + 1/2c chopped walnuts.
- Serve immediately, or transfer to container and freeze.