Warm weather is coming our way so I'm all about grilling right now and this Coconut Lime Shrimp is everything! It's so easy and has such a great flavor you can't go wrong.
In my opinion, anything with coconut and lime is guaranteed to be good. These classic “beachy” flavors paired with shrimp are perfect for ringing in the beginning of the summer months.
It's crazy easy as well. You simply whisk together 5 ingredients for a quick marinade, let the shrimp soak up all that flavor for 30mins and grill time is no more than 10mins.
As with most of our recipes this coconut shrimp is quite versatile making it keto, paleo and gluten free friendly. Paleo? Swap out the tamari for coconut aminos and you're good to go! If you're not a fan of shrimp you can also use the marinade to make chicken skewers. Serve over rice, cauliflower rice, zoodles or on a salad. I've even used this recipe as an appetizer when entertaining guests.
If you want a flavorful meal with little fuss, this one's for you.
Grilled Coconut Lime Shrimp
- 1-1.5 # deveined shrimp
- 1 can lite coconut milk
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lime
- 3 T tamari or coconut aminos
- 1 T honey
- 1-2 T cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup unsweetened, shredded coconut
- In a ziploc bag or shallow long container (9x13) whisk coconut milk, olive oil, lime zest & juice of 1 lime, tamari (or coconut aminos), honey, chopped cilantro.
- Skewer shrimp onto wooden or metal skewers. Place skewers into bag or container and marinate for 30-60mins.
- Heat grill to medium high heat.
- Place skewers on hot grill and cook 3-4 minutes, until edges of shrimp start to pink up. Flip and cook an additional 3-4 minutes, or until shrimp is cooked through.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with coconut and additional cilantro. Serve w/ rice, cauliflower rice, zucchini noodles, rice noodles or over a salad.