My Gluten Free Cherry Cobbler is made with almond flour and sweetened with dates, no processed sugar. Plus it only has 10 ingredients!
Looking for the perfect dessert to top off a spring or summer bar-be-que? My gluten free and Paleo Cherry Cobbler comes together quickly, can be made in advanced and served hot or cold. It's extra yummy when served with a scoop of homemade coconut milk ice cream.
Paleo and Gluten Free Cherry Cobbler
- 20 oz frozen dark cherries*
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp almond extract* (optional)
- 1/2 cup butter, unsalted (or sub 1/2 cup coconut oil)
- 1 cup Medjool dates
- 1 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut (unsweetened)*
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Pre-heat oven to 375 F.
- Toss together 20oz frozen dark cherries w/ ¼c almond flour & 1tsp almond extract. Layer on the bottom of 9×9” pan.
- Place the following in a food processor or blender and pulse until combined and it begins to form a ball: 1/2 cup butter or coconut oil, 1 cup dates (pits removed), 1 cup pecans, 1 cup almond flour, 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes, 1 Tbsp cinnamon, 1 tsp ginger, 1/2 tsp salt
- Top fruit with crust from above (does not have to cover completely). Cover with foil.
- Bake in pre-heated 375 F oven for ~30 minutes.
I really don’t like coconut flakes, and was thinking of omitting them, but at a half cup I’m not sure. Should I add a little more almond flour if I leave out the coconut flakes?
Hi Marcy! Since I haven’t tested it, I cannot say for sure, but I would suspect you would need a little extra almond flour. Maybe add extra almond flour little by little until desired texture is reached. If you give it a try, let us know how it goes!