We want to thank Tina Turbin with PaleoMazing for contributing today's blog post.
With the holiday season upon us baking is on everyone’s mind. Many people are planning big meals, holiday parties and gatherings of family and friends. Pies have become a typical and popular dessert, but how about baking something different this season, like my Gluten Free and Paleo Coffee Cocoa Holiday Cupcakes? Get out your baking tools, pre-heat your oven, and let’s get to baking this quick and easy recipe!
I am often asked why I use Dutch-processed cocoa? It has a less bitter flavor, offering a milder and mellower flavor. It also dissolves quicker than natural cocoa. I also find that I can use less Dutch-processed cocoa when I am developing recipes and I get a deep rich chocolate type flavor that I am going for and I just love. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do.
Coffee Cocoa Holiday Cupcakes
- 1/2 c fresh bold brewed coffee
- 1/4 c Dutch-processed cocoa
- 1/3 c creamed honey
- 1/3 c ghee or grass-fed butter
- 1/3 c coconut flour will need 1/3c + 1T
- 1/3 c finely ground almond flour will need 1/3c + 1T
- 3 T tapioca flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- Pinch salt
- Make sure eggs and ghee are room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, use a wooden spoon to cream ghee, honey, eggs and coffee together.
- Mix in the rest of the ingredients. Batter will be fluffy and light.
- Line cupcake pan with a ½ dozen liners. Pour evenly into liners.
- Bake 15 minutes and test for doneness. They will spring back very lightly.
- Let cool completely on a cooling rack.
- Recommendation: Decorate with dairy-free, sugar-free vanilla frosting.
Tina Turbin is a multi-award-winning recipe creator. She also supports and writes about the many benefits of the Gluten-Free, Paleo-ish, Keto, and Lower Carb inclined diets, as well as optimum lifestyles, and key women's issues. Tina’s site, PaleOmazing.com houses many of her recipes and researched articles. She founded GlutenFreeHelp.info, voted #2 .info site in the world over 6.7 million other .info sites. Tina has released numerous award-winning eBooks, hundreds of articles, is a mother of three and also carries an additional title of award-winning children’s author of Danny the Dragon Meets Jimmy.