My Oven Baked Catfish is cornmeal crusted and just as delicious as fried! This healthy version is lighter comfort food at its best.
When in a time crunch for dinner and wanting comfort food, I love to make Oven Baked Cornmeal Crusted Catfish. There is something so southern and traditional about this dish!
Serve Oven Baked Cornmeal Crusted Catfish over a bed of collards as pictured or with a side of black-eyed peas and sweet potato fries!
Quick tip: spice up the catfish fillets by adding a teaspoon (or to taste) of Cajun seasoning.
Cornmeal Crusted Catfish
- 1.5-2 lb catfish Can sub tilapia or salmon
- 1 c cornmeal
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning, optional Use Cajun seasoning to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 425 F.
- Place 1c cornmeal in a bowl.
- Dredge each piece of catfish to coat.
- Season with S&P
- Place dredged & seasoned fish on a baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes (for thinner fish) up to 16-18 minutes (for thicker fish).