Wondering how to make lamb burgers? It's simpler than you might think and my version is full of fresh Mediterranean flavors.
It's grilling season! Instead of doing the same old beef burgers again try one of my favorites >> this Mediterranean Lamb Burger. This recipe uses simple ingredients that come together quickly and full of flavor. My favorite type of recipe especially on the weekends!
Instead of pairing this with traditional mint we're going with the creamy, sharp flavor of goat cheese with red onions and avocado. Yum! This burger is perfectly gluten free w/ gluten free buns or you could serve in a gluten free pita for a fun Mediterranean twist. It's also perfectly paleo and keto friendly (only 2g net carbs) served with a lettuce wrap.
While our instructions call to cook these on the stove top you can easily grill or cook in the oven. There's no way to mess these guys up!
I say, don't settle for a basic burger…do a lamb burger!
- 1 # ground lamb
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp chili powder*
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 4 hamburger buns gluten free
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1/2 red onion sliced
- 4 oz goat cheese crumbled
- Add all spices to a medium bowl. Mix until combined. Add ground lamb and mix well.
- Form into 4 patties. Cook on stove top on med-high heat for ~4 mins each side or until cooked to 160 F.
- Top w/ 1oz crumbled goat cheese, avocado slices and red onion slices.
- Can use gluten free buns or lettuce wraps.