This Chocolate Cherry Smoothie Bowl is sweet enough to be delicious, but isn't a total sugar overload. Healthy and delicious!
I have to admit being a little hesitant to jump on the smoothie bowl bandwagon. I tried a couple recipes and found them to be so super sweet. But after seeing so many delicious-looking smoothie bowl pictures on Instagram, I decided to give it another whirl (pun intended!). Plus, I am working on a bonus summer smoothie handout (watch the newsletter for more information on this one…it's a not-to-miss) and you know how I love recipes that do double duty!
Let me just say that I have changed my mind on the smoothie bowl. I made this easy chocolate cherry smoothie bowl recipe to help fuel a morning rain forest hike with Brook. It did the trick!
If you want to take it to the next level, my chocolate cherry smoothie bowl is SO good with a sprinkling of this paleo granola on top.
Quick tip: it's easy to turn any smoothie recipe into a smoothie bowl by decreasing the liquid by half. Here are two of my favorite smoothie recipes.
Chocolate Cherry Decadence Smoothie Bowl
- 20 oz frozen dark sweet cherries
- 3-5 oz frozen collard greens (or other frozen greens)
- 3 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Optional toppings: coconut flakes, chia seeds, mini chocolate chips or cacao nibs, frozen pomegranate arils, hazelnuts, granola
- Place 1/2c water in a blender and add above ingredients (dark cherries through cinnamon).
- Blend on high until smooth.
- Add additional water as needed for desired consistency.
- Pour into bowl and add any optional toppings as desired.